Client: National hard-goods manufacturer and services company with 20 locations.
Challenge: To plan and implement a comprehensive redesign of inefficient, outdated voice, data, wireless, Internet and other telecom services.
- Performed a complete audit to identify areas where efficiencies, economies and improved capabilities could be achieved.
- Gained efficiency and major cost savings through outsourced proactive invoice management, centralized contract negotiation, inventory management, help desk services and monthly reporting.
- Implemented a high-functioning MPLS network, consolidating three separate frame relay networks serving three different divisions into one efficient network, providing significantly more bandwidth, elevated service and less cost.
- Consolidated the bills for toll free and long distance services of all divisions into one single invoice with negotiated corporate pricing and discounts.
- Saved significant cost and achieved greater efficiency by recommending, negotiating and implementing highly competitive local service (POTS and PRI) across 20 remote locations.
- Eliminated many unnecessary and unused lines, simplifying telecom inventory and cutting costs.
- Planned, negotiated and managed the transition from over 300 wireless lines in multiple accounts from all the major providers to just two corporate accounts with Verizon Wireless and Sprint. Negotiated excellent corporate and volume discounts, replacing more costly local pricing plans.
Results: Saved over $125,000 annually, while gaining the operational efficiency of outsourced telecom management and functionality of advanced capabilities.