A Cloud-Based or IP Fax Service replaces traditional fax machines and processes with a fully integrated, cloud-based solution. It converts the format of incoming faxes to electronic documents (typically .pdf) that can be received through email. It also converts outgoing digital documents sent by email so they can be received by fax machines.
While many businesses have replaced traditional faxes with scanned documents, some companies must utilize faxes to maintain total control of their documents and data at all times. This may be required to meet compliance requirements from HIPAA, PCI and other industry and regulatory bodies. Some enterprise processes and systems also require faxes for full integration.
Cloud-Based/IP Faxing is an excellent way to get the benefits of traditional faxing without the downside issues. Previously, faxing consumed valuable IT and administrative staff time to manage faxing, including troubleshooting, installation, configuration, channels, gateways, phone lines and more. With Cloud-Based Faxing, virtually all such issues are handled by the service provider. Plus, Cloud-Based Faxing offers the flexibility to receive faxes anywhere email is available and cost savings on paper, equipment and fax lines.
Consider these advantages of Cloud-Based/IP Faxing:
- Simple – no fax channels, gateways, fax boards, analog phone lines, PRI/T1/E1 lines or PBX integrations required
- Flexible – scalable capabilities that can automatically adjust to your needs during high and low volume times
- Compliance – meets requirements of HIPAA, PCI and more
- Low Maintenance – a cloud-based solution, managed and maintained by the provider
- Economy – saving from phone lines, equipment, paper, toner, maintenance and more
- Security – robust protection residing with the Cloud-Based Fax provider
- Reliable – near 100% uptime, with redundant systems
- Functionality – more document/data option, including offsite storage, backup, etc.
- Efficiency – no need to scan paper faxed documents for processing and storage
- Ownership – you own your phone numbers, usually portable
- Global – available anywhere there is an Internet connection