A hosted PBX system (also called hosted VoIP and sometimes virtual PBX) essentially moves your traditional premise-based phone system control and connections into the cloud. It also offers significant advantages and features unavailable on a conventional premise-based system. It is clearly the future of business phone communications.
Hosted PBX runs on equipment that resides in a remote data center and is owned and maintained by a service provider. The business accesses it through broadband Internet or private IP network connections. A hosted VoIP phone system is a subscription-based service that is typically billed on a per-seat basis. IP phones can be included in the fee.
Hosted PBX combines benefits of a premise-based system – top-level call clarity, carrier-grade dependability and robust security – with the flexibility and versatility of the cloud. It also adds a mobility dimension, enabling calls from any capable mobile device connected to the Internet, private network or cellular carrier network.
Synonymous with cloud-based phone systems, hosted PBX systems:
- Provides a full suite of enterprise-grade features, including call forwarding, call hold, find me/follow me, unified messaging/voicemail-to-email, three-way conference, auto attendant, call recording, call center features and other special capabilities and features.
- Accommodates extension-to-extension dialing across any phone, regardless of where it is, anywhere in the world.
- Can deliver increased uptime (nearly 100%) and increased reliability because it resides in a highly dependable, continuously managed cloud environment.
- Are easily scalable for small to very large companies.
- It is billed on a per-seat subscription basis.
Key benefits and advantages of hosted PBX over traditional landline systems:
- Cloud-based reliability – no on-premise equipment failure.
- During loss of power or connectivity on premise, calls still get answered. They can be routed to mobile phone or other numbers, or they go to voicemail.
- Minimum IT support is required at the facility.
- No capital expense.
- No additional licensing fees or service contracts for premise-based systems (all licensing fees and on-going service/maintenance is included in the per seat subscription price).
- Eliminates the need for separate dedicated phone lines and circuits.
- Equipment and software/features in cloud upgraded without business capital expenditures
- Lower total cost of ownership for small and medium-size businesses. Pay for only what you use.
- Hosted systems can be managed by qualified staff from any smart device.
- Users and features can be added, removed or reassigned instantly.
- Full integration of mobile users and devices.
- On-demand call routing capabilities.
- Full system support in the cloud.
- Customers support is available 24x7x365.
- Feature and functionality upgrades are typically included and automatically pushed to all users.
Increase capabilities, add flexibility, enhance efficiency and save cost with hosted PBX.