Moving business functions and applications to the cloud offers an array of benefits to companies and organizations, from accessibility, security, management, efficiency, cost-effectiveness and more. Implementing a virtual desktop (VDI) for business computers and devices is an excellent example. Grudi Associates can help you assess, plan, choose and implement an effective virtual desktop solution for your business.
Implementing a virtual desktop moves your desktop to a computer or server that resides in the cloud or on any device other than your own. A growing number of virtual desktops are hosted, where a cloud-based service provider maintains your desktop on their server and then makes it accessible to you through your Internet connection. What you see on your computer or device when you log on is actually an image of your desktop that is being sent to you from the host in the cloud.
Key characteristics of virtual desktop:
- Multi-User Virtual Desktop – new desktops can be easily cloned for additional users in a fraction of the time
- Virtual Desktop Access – can be accessed from any computer
or location across a basic Internet connection
- Device Independent – access through any device that can connect to the Internet and has modest browsing capabilities
- Centralized Management – management of all software, backups, security
and other maintenance functions can be centralized, handled by the host company.
- Redundant Hosting – high-quality hosting offers multiple server locations for redundancy, accessibility, backup and recovery
There are many benefits to implementing a virtual desktop:
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership – up to 70% lower, depending on the situation
Extend the Useful Life of Computers
No Server Maintenance and Replacement Cost
Remote Management and Troubleshooting by Host
Software Licensing and Updates Included
- Simplified Desktop Management – benefitting all users and the IT department.
Deployment Remotely Managed by Host
Easy for Users
- Increased Productivity – users work uninterrupted and IT staff focus on key priorities instead of PC management.
Anywhere, Anytime Access
One Desktop, All Devices
Work Offline When Internet is Unavailable
Collaboration through Easily Shared Files
Multi-Carrier Connections Can be Utilized for Redundancy
Multiple Servers Provide Redundant Backups
- Scalability – to accommodate your company’s changing needs.
Easy to Upgrade
Efficient Deployment for New Users
Centralized Remote Management
- Performance – cloud-based desktops offer reliable performance at lower cost.
Minimized Downtime, Near 100% Uptime
- Superior Control – manage your devices more effectively.
Quick, Simple Access & Management
Access and Monitoring
Single Point of Control
Easily Scaled User Memory & Storage
- Security – superior capability to protect your business’s data.
Redundant Remote Backups – ensures that your ata is secure.
- Energy-Efficient – better use of resources to save cost and benefit the environment.
Grudi Associates has extensive experience and resources to help you successfully migrate to virtual desktop and realize the many benefits for your business.
For more information, read our article: Virtual-Desktops-Provide-Real-Benefits