Verizon True 5G Network: The Next Generation of Mobility
5G is the next generation of wireless technology, creating a powerful new network that offers significantly higher speed, capacity and capabilities. Verizon 5G Ultra Wideband’s ultrafast speeds and increased bandwidth will make it possible to do things that previously were not practical on wireless networks.
Verizon 5G Ultra Wideband will offer:
- Ultra-High Speeds – up to 20 times the speed of 4G or more.
- Ultra-Low Latency – lag time so low it achieves single millisecond latencies.
- Greater Capacity – about 10 times the capacity of 4G and 100 times in the future.
- Sustainability – 5G requires up to 90% less energy than 4G for network operations.
- Data Volume – 5G is designed to support up to 10 TB/s/km2, enabling it to carry a massive amount of data for many simultaneous users, which will make a big difference in high-density areas like airports, stadiums and urban areas.
- Reliability – Verizon Wireless has been #1 in overall network performance in the U.S. 11 times in a row. The same commitment and standards apply to 5G.
Virtually every industry will be positively impacted by 5G. From intelligent video, virtual and augmented reality and low-latency robotics to self-driving cars, immersive collaboration experiences and much more, it will create a new paradigm in communication and information technology. Here is just a small sampling:
- Healthcare – 5G is enabling hospitals and other healthcare organizations to better manage the massive data associated with advanced imaging, multi-locations image sharing artificial intelligence and more.
- Financial Services – 5G will be invaluable to banks and other finance institutions in achieving instant, secure data transfer, ultra-low latency networks, better compliance, the use of artificial intelligence and more.
- Manufacturing – 5G will play a key role in creating smart factories, run on sensors and automation that provide greater efficiency, safety and profitability. It will also enhance connections between facilities, vendors and customers.
- Transportation & Logistics – 5G can improve safety and efficiency through better monitoring and control, whether locally or remotely. It can also better connect passengers, transportation providers, suppliers and end customers, avoiding bottlenecks and disrupted schedules.
- Retail – 5G can help retailers implement new, customer-friendly merchandising and sales technology that improve sales and customer satisfaction, which is important when competing with online retailers.
- Intelligent Video
- IoT – Internet of Things
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Advanced, Low-Latency Robotics
- Self-Driving Cars
- Immersive Collaboration Experiences
- Connected Heathcare
- Remote Surgeries
- End-User Custom Applications
- Much More
Not All 5G is the Same
Many businesses are surprised to learn that there is no legal definition of 5G, so each carrier can use the label as they wish. Some networks being called 5G are really just enhanced 4G networks and do not offer the full benefits of Verizon 5G Ultra Wideband, a true 5G wireless network. Before selecting 5G service, make sure you know what you are getting.
Ensuring Your Wireless Service Continuity
Verizon Wireless is retiring its 3G CDMA network by the end of 2019. Some smartphones and wireless devices will no longer work properly when this occurs. To ensure that your devices continue working properly and you have no interruption of service, it is important see if your devices are impacted.
There are two categories of devices that are impacted. Click on each to see a list of affected devices:
If you have devices impacted by this change, it will be necessary to replace them with compatible devices. Our mobility professionals welcome the opportunity to assist you. Call 1-717-838-5022 or email us at email@example.com. Even if your devices are not impacted, your business can benefit most from utilizing smartphones and devices that are fully 5G capable.